Thursday, October 8, 2015

3 - Basketball is life

Hello there ^_^ Another blog? coming right up.
This blog is about what I love doing the most. I spend my past time with this and I enjoy doing this and this is my passion. Playing basketball.

So let's start the ball game.

Basketball? What comes to your mind? Just balling around? Shoot, pass, and dribble?. You think that that is the only thing that you're doing? but I can tell you that it is not the only thing that you will do and learn there.
Basketball is not just only physically but it is also mentally. You need to be physically fit and mentally fit. It is not always strength that empowers everything your knowledge can empower strenght.
You can get and learn much more in basketball. In basketball you can be physically fit to anything. You can gain muscles and so much more.

First I want to tell you how I learned to play basketball. When I was a kid I always want to do is just to play computer games and playstations and my dad is not happy in what I am doing because he said that playing computer games is not good for you, your eyes will blur and you need to exercise. But I know what is basketball in that time because I played basketball in computer games. At first I really don't want to play basketball but when I saw my friends playing and I saw my dad is good playing basketball and is known in our village as one of the best player in our subdivision that is the time that I've started playing basketball because I told my self that day that I want to be my dad. I idolize my dad that day because that is the time that they have a league in our subdivision and he played well. So in that day I told my self that I want to be like my dad and I want to be better than him someday. After that day I practice and practice and always put in my mind that I will be a famous basketball player someday. I reduced playing video games and more on playing basketball and there is a moment that the former  PBA (Philippine Basketball Association) coach from Alaska Aces decided to have a basketball clinic in our subdivision to share his knowledge and skill to us and I grab the opportunity to train and to improve my basketball skills.

Now I've learned so much from him. The best things that I've learned from him is that "There is no I in Team" "Basketball is not always skills but also using your mind" "Put your self always in the game, Focus" "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" "Respect and Discipline".

So it says it all. First is teamwork, there is no I in team so you are not the only one can contribute to the team but the whole team should and can contribute to the team. Second it is not only your skills that will let you win but you need also to use your mind while you play. Third hard work beats talent because even you are so good at basketball but you don't work hard that doesn't make sense but when you work hard even though you are not good at basketball you are the one that is improving and while you work hard to train you also improve your skills. Lastly Respect and Discipline to others, your coach, your teammates, and especially to your self because when you don't respect your teammates and your coach they will not trust you and respect you either as well.


You can apply those things in real life. Teamwork, when you work together you can finish it easily and well. Skills are not the only one you need to use you need also your mind like in work you need both of them to finished your job well done. Hard work, when you work hard you can reach your goal and what you want. Respect, you need to respect yourself and the one you taught you something that help you the most and you should look and remember those who help you. Discipline, you need to discipline your self in doing something.




Also in basketball you can gain so much friends because playing with other people is just like communicating with them. Communicating in basketball is also one thing that you need to win the ball game. Communicating with your teammates and your coach is one to gain their trust and respect. Communicating with each other can make your plays will work. This is another thing that you can learn from basketball is learning to communicate to everyone or somebody.

So lets sum it up. The point of my blog is that basketball is not just a game. You can learn many things in basketball.

Now I am still using those things that what I've learned from basketball and to those people around me.

After I end my blog I want to thank my dad who teaches me how to play basketball, motivates me to play harder, to learn more and to support me in everything.

That's all for now. Thank you for reading my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man what a great blogpost on a topic of basketball it's interesting for basketball players on how they can learn and manage to learn new things about basketball. i also play basketball latz and your blog entertained me very much, lets play basketball sometimes although you're my blockmate, so probably we can. hehe btw nice blogpost again man.

    ReplyDelete